17-Year-Old Dies After Hickey From Girlfriend Causes Stroke

A 17-year-old boy in Mexico City has reportedly died after a hickey he received from his girlfriend caused a stroke.

Doctors believe the suction of the hickey-or love bite-resulted in a blood clot, which traveled to Julio Macias Gonzalez‘s brain and caused a stroke, the Independent and local Mexican media reported. The teenager had convulsions while eating dinner with his family after hanging out with his 24-year-old girlfriend and later died, the newspaper said.

This is at least the second reported incident of a hickey causing a stroke. A hickey had caused a 44-year-old New Zealand woman to have a non-fatal stroke, according to a 2010 study published in the New Zealand Medical Journal. Researchers at the time called the medical condition “a rare phenomenon.”

[Independent]

The post 17-Year-Old Dies After Hickey From Girlfriend Causes Stroke appeared first on Current Health Events.

Advertisements
17-Year-Old Dies After Hickey From Girlfriend Causes Stroke

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s